Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BlueP
New Contributor II

FortiGate

Hello everybody, i would highly need your assistance in preparing for FCP Network Security Exam, i can see that there's a core exam which is NSE4 and one elective exam my question is how to prepare to the exam ?

there're alot of topics in FCP network security, may i know which topics is mandatory for the exam and what should i start to study as i must take the exam in a month from now ??

where the NSE-4 topics?! how can i get it ?
please assist!

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

1 Solution
smkml

Hi @BlueP ,

Yes, they are separated. For NSE 4, self pace study for FortiGate Security, and FortiGate Infrastructure with hands-on lab can assist you to pass the exam.

You may check the Exam Description for your preparation:
https://nseti-pdfs.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/desc/FortiOS_7.2_Exam_Description.pdf

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @BlueP ,

To certified FCP Network Security, you need to pass 1 Core and 1 Elective.

Core exams for now are NSE-4 FortiOS, and there is few Elective exams and you can choose either one.

NSE-4 FortiOS Topics are FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure, where you can start the self-pace study from the Training Portal.

Library > FCP Network Security > FortiGate Security, FortiGate Infrastructure (click on each to enroll the self pace study)

NSE4-FortiOS.jpg

BlueP
New Contributor II

i really appreciate you, can't thank you enough, sorry i've another question, 
whenever i enroll to the exam i've to chosse before taking the exam the elective exam right ?
so when enrolling they will ask me which elective exam i've to choose to before the exam right ?

or the exam content is NSE4- FortOS only ?

BlueP
New Contributor II

what does that mean by 1 elective exam within 2 years?

smkml

It means that, within 2 years, you need to passed the 1 Core and 1 Elective to certified FCP Network Security

smkml

Hi @BlueP ,

The exam are separated by NSE itself, and you can choose based on that.

NSE exam.gif

BlueP
New Contributor II

Thank you @smkml  so the core exam is separated by the elective one not combining the core elective exam in a single exam is that right?

so studying FortiGate Security, and FortiGate Infrastructure is enough to pass the exam right?

smkml

Hi @BlueP ,

Yes, they are separated. For NSE 4, self pace study for FortiGate Security, and FortiGate Infrastructure with hands-on lab can assist you to pass the exam.

You may check the Exam Description for your preparation:
https://nseti-pdfs.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/desc/FortiOS_7.2_Exam_Description.pdf

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors