Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

FortiGate | inquiry on S-NAT IP Pool.

Hi Team,

We would like to seek for your advice, on below.

The requirement is to NAT a single source IP to a dynamic IP pool for accessing a single host for each session. Is this feasible with FortiGate? If so, please provide the configuration steps.

6 REPLIES 6
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @MVSantoshReddy 

Check this article 

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
MVSantoshReddy

Hello @Sheikh ,

Thank you for the response. The article provides an in-depth explanation of the formula, but I don't believe it addresses my requirement for a single source to multiple externals per session. Could you help me review and confirm if this is feasible with FortiGate?

Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

hi @MVSantoshReddy 

Can you please provide details of your issue? It will help us to answer better.

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
MVSantoshReddy

The requirement is to NAT a single source IP to a dynamic IP pool, meaning that each time the actual source enters the firewall, it should leave with an external IP from the configured pool. Instead of using just one IP, it should allocate the next available IP for each new session created on the firewall, ensuring each session ID is unique. Is this achievable with Fortigate? If so, could you provide the configuration steps?

Source IP: 10.0.0.1/32
NATted IP Pool: 172.16.0.0/24
Destination IP: 10.0.1.123/32

Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

I tested in LAB and seems like this is not feasible. I am looking for some other option. I will keep you posted.

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

hm since snat is done by policy couldn't you create a policy to that destination ip that only matches that one source ip and has a NAT IP Pool in it? Once you make sure no other policy matches that source and destination before it that might do the trick?

Well reading again I am not sure wether that matches the second part. I think snat takes the first IP from pool and once that is already in use will take the next. 

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors