Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
N_W
New Contributor II

FortiGate dailymotion block about

dailmotion block.png

Hello,

I have observed in the logs that the Dailymotion page is being blocked according to the rules in place at my current institution. However, I notice that I can still access it from the Google Chrome browser, while it is blocked on Edge. My firewall usage mode is policy-based, and the current version I am using is FortiOS 7.2.7. I have encountered a similar issue before, and disabling the QUIC protocol resolved the problem. However, I'm not sure what might be causing the issue in this case. I am grateful for your assistance and attention.

4 REPLIES 4
spoojary
Staff
Staff

Have you tried clearing cache on the chrome, or tried it from private window.

Siddhanth Poojary
N_W
New Contributor II

Yes, I applied it. However, it didn't work. Regards.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @N_W,

Do you have deep inspection enabled? I tested in my lab and it works with deep inspection enabled. If not, you can block it using static URL filter under webfilter profile. 

daily.PNG

Regards,

N_W
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your attention. However, unfortunately, the deep inspection feature is not available. The reason is that I use policy-based firewall mode instead of profile-based. I had added a wildcard to the web filter, but I didn't get any results.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors