Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
redmax
New Contributor

FortiGate can' t be upgraded

Hi all, I have a problem with FortiGate firmware. I use FortiGate 621B and the firmware is v4.0,build0656,130211 (MR3 Patch 12). I want to upgrade it to v4.0 MR3 Patch 13 version but there isn' t file for v4.0 MR3 Patch 13 in fortinet FTP server so I can' t download this firmware. There is v4.0 MR3 Patch 14, so I downloaded it. I upgrade it with v4.0 MR3 Patch 14 but appeared warning " access denied" . Any solution for my problem? Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi, v4.3.13 has been withdrawn and replaced by 4.3.14. But current version is one up, 4.3.15. Can you please post what you did step by step and at which point you get the error message? General steps for upgrading: 1. Back up your configuration ! 2. Reboot FGT before upgrading (to clear possible memory leaks) 3. Upgrade via WebGUI 4. Monitor success via console: " diag deb config-error-log read"

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Uwe_Sommerfeld
New Contributor

Please note if your box does not have a current FortiCare subscription and you chose to Upgrade from Fortinet (not local disk) you will be prompted " access denied" as well. Please also check: Are you " super_admin" ?
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Also getting the same " access denied" error after putting 4.0 MR3 Patch 12 on 2 x 200B and 3 x 80CMs. (These fgt devices all have valid subscriptions.) When the problem started with a 200B we have in the field, we contacted Fortinet support -- they basically told us to format the boot device and reinstall the firmware. (This didn' t help us one bit as the fgt in question was in a remote area of no-man' s land" with no actual techie on site.) After the above happen, I did some further testing with 4.0 MR3 Patch 12 on units in the office (200B and 80CM models) -- even with a refresh " exec factoryreset" on them -- I couldn' t perform a GUI firmware upgrade once this firmware was installed.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

How about a possible back rev, then upgrade?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

How about a possible back rev, then upgrade?
Maybe something for Andreas to try. (And I recall support already suggested this to me...) But not something we can dare try on a live-production Fortigate that is out in the field with no on-site tech support. (Already formatted/installed new firmwares on the fgt devices in the office.) In case anyone is wondering (which I assume) Bob is referring to the boot backup firmware option in the boot menu (or " exec restore image flash" from the CLI).

Pjotmans
New Contributor

When I manage the firmware via " Details" any firmware upload fails with " Access Denied" statement. However, when I use " Update" (no boot) the firmware does upload to the firewall. This on a 1240B with v4MR3p12.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors