Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Scorpa
New Contributor

FortiGate and FortiManager

Hello!     We have FGT version 5.4 with latest release. Also we have freshly rack-mounted fortimanager. this manager have 5.0 policy package version and could not control fgt 5.4 How to upgrade fortimanager from 5.0 to 5.4 ? It was initially 5.0 that's why i'm asking. I can create new ADOM with 5.4, but i dont want to use ADOM feature nor can i change root vesion to 5.4
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You may check your FortiManager hardware version, only new hardware platform like FMG-1000D/FMG-200D etc , have v5.4 image. Then you can upgrade  FortiManager to v5.4.Thanks.

Scorpa
New Contributor

Please read full sentence before post.

We have Fortimanager 200D it is 5.4 by itself. But we need to get "root" ADOM with version 5.4 so we can import policy from FGT 5.4. So again, we have FortiManager 5.4 with root ADOM version 5.2. Our goal is to disable ADOM feature on Manager and upgrade it's version to 5.4. This can't be done directly because it's not supported according to release notes. How to clean up manager and get it without ADOM feature and with 5.4 version of policy package ?

May be there is a way to reset it ? Or simply re-install onboard OS ? But how to do it ?

Scorpa
New Contributor

At last !

I found out - all you need to do to convert your "root" ADOM to 5.4 and disable ADOM feature is to issue command

execute reset all-except-ip

This command will bring down manager and reset database. Then you will have single ADOM FrotiManager with Policy package version equivalent to firmware version.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors