Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
defsdefs12
New Contributor

FortiGate WebFilter Issue

Hi guys, 

We would like to seek similar encountered issue and how did you guys resolve this. We're currently encountering an issue regarding our Web Filter as wherein all access going through internet policies with Web Filter encountered web rating error occured. Had to create a temporary policy without added WebFilter Profile however this impose risks. 

What should be the workaround for this one for it to work properly again? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

17 REPLIES 17
Michael-HPGR

There are users working, so I’ll try late at night. In any case, support needs to look into the issue because I see that many devices are having problems.

defsdefs12

Let us know if it worked already on your end later tonight, so we can try to enable it again tomorrow. 

tpatel

Hello Sir, 

Can you please try to disable Fortiguard unicast and used protocol udp with port 53.   
the Anycast method to address the Fortiguard servers. Relying on Fortinet DNS servers, the FortiGate will get a single IP address for the domain name of each FortiGuard service. If you disable anycast you will get few more Fortiguard server ip address for connection.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGuard-is-not-reachable-via-Anycast-de...

sokolisko
Visitor

Hi, the same problem in Poland. I have to disable web filtering on firewall policys.

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Michael-HPGR

I haven’t tried it yet, but I think it’s been fixed. If you’re still experiencing issues, go to Policy & Objects --> Firewall Policy --> edit your outgoing policy and disable Web Filter.

security_profiles.png

dkochhar
Staff
Staff

@connectbv do you have fortiguard-anycast disable or enabled in your config ?
You can check it through following:

#config system fortiguard
#show full | grep anycast

Dixit Kochhar
connectbv

Now I looked immediately and got this result. But I noticed that the FortiGuard service is currently UP. 

fg1.pngfg2.png

vbandha
Staff
Staff

@defsdefs12 

Please try to change the fortiguard settings to these:

config system fortiguard

set fortiguard-anycast disable

set protocol udp

set port 53

set sdns-server-ip 208.91.112.220

set source-ip <WAN IP>

end

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Unable-to-connect-to-FortiGuard-serv...

If you are using SD WAN then make sure this setting is configured:

config system fortiguard

set interface-select-method sdwan

end

After that check the fortiguard connectivity using this command:

di deb rating

If you are still having issue you can configure the webfilter to allow traffic when rating error occurs until the issue is resolved:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Web-Page-Blocked-with-An-error-occur...

Regards,

Varun

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors