Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
defsdefs12
New Contributor

FortiGate WebFilter Issue

Hi guys, 

We would like to seek similar encountered issue and how did you guys resolve this. We're currently encountering an issue regarding our Web Filter as wherein all access going through internet policies with Web Filter encountered web rating error occured. Had to create a temporary policy without added WebFilter Profile however this impose risks. 

What should be the workaround for this one for it to work properly again? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

17 REPLIES 17
js2
Staff
Staff

Hi defsdefs,

Check the web-filter license status.

Go to Security Profiles -> Web Filter, select the Profile to use, and under 'Rating Options' enable 'Allow Websites When a Rating Error Occurs'.

You can refer on this article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Web-Page-Blocked-with-An-error-occur...

SATNOC

Good morning,

there is no licensing problem ! On the 400E the problem is present. On the 100E - 60F-61E there is no problem.

lrazmadze
New Contributor

are webfilter and antispam services down? 

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-26 at 10.17.16_1be51574.jpg

js2

Hi lrazmadze,

Yes the services are down. You can verify on changing the port to UDP 8888 or 53.

Refer on this below article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-FortiGuard-Web-Filtering-problems/ta...

dvandermeij
New Contributor

I had the same issue at 2 of the 4 firewalls I'm managing. Don't know if it was coincidence, but it started working again after I disabled the anycast on those firewalls. That was already disabled on the other 2 working firewalls.

# config system fortiguard
    set fortiguard-anycast disable  

defsdefs12

What is the FGT version for your devices having an issue? Does this have a bearing? We're currently at v7.2.7 

Or this is reachability of our public to FGT DNS/Filtering Servers

dvandermeij

7.2.8 and 7.2.10; both located in the Netherlands.

Michael-HPGR
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I have the same issue; I temporarily disabled the Webfilter until they resolve it. There should be an announcement for such problems.

connectbv

This morning I had the same problem on three devices. Turned it off on the UTM profiles and everything worked. Do we have a solution for this problem?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors