Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RichSaro
New Contributor

FortiGate-VM64-Xen License validation no validating

Hello,

Hope someone had the same issue and was able to resolve it?

We got two FortiGate VM's which both were working fine for months with a valid license etc... license won't expired till early 2017. Then early this week (Monday) they went into a state where we cannot access them via the web interface all we are getting is "License has already been uploaded, please wait for authentication with registration servers", no one had added new licenses or done anything to it, it just went from one day to the other into this state. Alll I get is a return button that brings me back to the login prompt. Now I can telnet to the unit, but all the Fortinet Knowledge base articles recommending to run the "execute update-now" command doesn't do much at all. Restarting the unit and then running the command nothing at all.

The two VM units have been excluded from any firewall rules, so they should have full access to the internet so this can't be the issue. Am running now out of ideas what else we can try, as we got refused support from Fortinet due to no support contract being available for it, which is another story I am shouting at our reseller why we don't have support for it!

Just wondered if anyone had this problem before and how were you able to fix this, as these units are pretty much unusable at the moment.

Thanks

Rich

2 REPLIES 2
RichSaro
New Contributor

Ok guess no one seem to have this issue before, does though anyone know which ports the unit talks to to authenticates it's license? I read a few articles regarding this but they just mention the standard ones such as port 80 and 443, which are by default open on our network. Just wondered if there are any other ports that need to be opened?

Thanks

RichSaro
New Contributor

Hi Sorry for the really long response getting back.

Over the last month it resolved itself and I was able to access the Controller again as normal, though today for most of the day the issue re-occurred till about 5pm GMT today and went back to being accessible.

Though what I noticed while it was unavailable was that I was able to ping  service.fortiguard.net just fine with a response time of 40-50ms.

These commands were not working

diag debug application update -1 <-- Unknown Action diag debug enable <-- Unknown Action exec update-now <-- Blank screen nothing happening

At this moment it is working fine so I'll leave this for now, and fight for getting our Projects team to squeeze some money out for support.

Thanks for the help 

Rich

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors