Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
snghoshi
New Contributor

FortiGate VM password reset issues

I installed the FortiGate VM and im experiencing issues when logging in for the first time. After entering the username=admin and then entering the password. The FortiGate prompt for the password to be changed. It prompts for a new password and then just after entering the password the Prompt doesn't go to Confirm Password it instead skips and prompts for a new password again. The system does not allow me to confirm the password.

Any idea?

FortiGate-VM64-KVM login: admin                                                                                         Password:                                                                                                              

You are forced to change your password. Please input a new password.                                                   

New Password:

Confirm Password:                                                                                                        New passwords don't match.                                                                                               New Password:                                                                                                            Confirm Password:                                                                                                        New passwords don't match.                                                                                               New Password:                                                                                                            Confirm Password:                                                                                                        New passwords don't match                                                                                                                          

13 REPLIES 13
MohammadAsif

Thank you, It worked for me

roman_a_b
New Contributor

Just clic the right ctrl + enter, when you type the new password for the first time.

Regards.

malic

It Worked

malic
New Contributor

Awesome! it worked

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors