Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jchychot
New Contributor

FortiGate_VM Orchestration in vSphere

Hi,

I am trying to orchestrate FortiGate_VM in vmware vsphere 6.0. I created a FortiGate vmware template from the Fortigate_VM OVF and using vsphere APIs I can successfully create a VM but fails to configure the network interfaces with a static IP.     Vsphere errors with the following:

Error during executing task on vSphere: \'(vim.fault.UncustomizableGuest) {\n dynamicType = <unset>,\n dynamicProperty = (vmodl.DynamicProperty) [],\n msg = "Customization of the guest operating system \'other26xLinux64Guest\' is not supported in this configuration. Microsoft Vista (TM) and Linux guests with Logical Volume Manager are supported only for recent ESX host and VMware Tools versions. Refer to vCenter documentation for supported configurations.",\n faultCause = <unset>,\n faultMessage = (vmodl.LocalizableMessage) [],\n uncustomizableGuestOS = \'other26xLinux64Guest\'\n}\''

I can manually log into the console and configure the network interfaces and default routes like in the Forigate_VM install instructions but I need have this operation automated.  Is there a way to push a configuration to Forigate_VM via vmware tools to automate the configuration the network interfaces?   Pre-configuring the Fortigate template to use DHCP is not preferred because I don't have DHCP server on the subnet. Once I have the admin network up with a static IP then I can automate the rest of the configuration via ssh. 

Any help would be appreciated.

-James

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors