Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jirka1
Contributor III

FortiGate Sizing

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on choosing the right firewall model.

We are currently using 200E and want to upgrade to a higher model + deploy HA at the same time.
The current situation looks like this:

- HQ: 300 users, 45 servers
- 5 branches (50 users in total)
- IPsec + SD-WAN
- max 50 SSL VPN connections at the same time
- deployed deep inspection, AV, IPS, APP, WEB
- mixing flow and proxy mode
- approx. 20,000 sessions (IPv4+IPv6) at peak
- data bandwith approx. 600 Mbit at peak
- CPU usage 30-50% at peak
- Memory usage 65-80% (sometimes converse :/)

- FortiOS 7.2.5

I know that many of you will refer me to the matrix but I am mainly concerned with practical experience.

We are considering 2x 200F. Could that be enough? We do not plan any major increase in traffic/users in the future.

Thank you all.

Jirka

3 REPLIES 3
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Hi @Jirka1 ,

Could you please confirm the reasons for considering upgrade? Is it due to the conserve mode observed frequently or any other reasons?
Also, do you have any investigations done on reasons for conserve mode, is it due to actual traffic or a bug or anything?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Jirka1

Hi @srajeswaran ,

The reason for the change is the life cycle of the equipment in our company.
We were never able to identify the reason for the converse. It happens randomly. The ipsengine process is always to blame.

Jirka
srajeswaran

In that case I believe 200F is a good choice. It has double the memory and better CPU. We can see if there is any other users using 200F in production for specific feedback.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors