Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
heyyo
New Contributor III

FortiGate Send SNMP traps when automation stitch to restart process is run

Hi Team,

I currently have an automated stitch to restart a process when the FortiGate reaches conserve mode - following this link: Restart WAD or IPS when conserve mode hit... - Fortinet Community

Is it possible to have SNMP traps to be sent when the CLI script/automation is triggered in my FortiGate? Is there an OID intended for this? or others which must be configured?

Currently using this CLI Script as Action: diagnose test application ipsmonitor 99

Thanks

2 Solutions
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Firewall will generate an event log when the automation stitch is triggered. It will have the log ID of 0100046600 or 46600 (in short). If you have configured the SNMP trap to forward the system event logs then this information will be sent to SNMP server with message description as "LOG_ID_EVENT_AUTOMATION_TRIGGERED" including stitch name and trigger name.

Regards,

Shiva

View solution in original post

smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

If you have an integration of the SNMP and Syslog in your side then you will get these logs as the event ID mentioned above will be sent over syslog. If you are looking only for SNMP trap then Firewall will generate the SNMP trap when the memory is low but not for the trigger for automation stitches. I could not find any OID to view the IPS uptime or OID for automation stitches.

Regards,

Shiva

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Firewall will generate an event log when the automation stitch is triggered. It will have the log ID of 0100046600 or 46600 (in short). If you have configured the SNMP trap to forward the system event logs then this information will be sent to SNMP server with message description as "LOG_ID_EVENT_AUTOMATION_TRIGGERED" including stitch name and trigger name.

Regards,

Shiva

heyyo
New Contributor III

How do I confirm if an SNMP trap is already configured to forward the system event logs? Thank you so much for your help.

smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

If you have an integration of the SNMP and Syslog in your side then you will get these logs as the event ID mentioned above will be sent over syslog. If you are looking only for SNMP trap then Firewall will generate the SNMP trap when the memory is low but not for the trigger for automation stitches. I could not find any OID to view the IPS uptime or OID for automation stitches.

Regards,

Shiva

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors