Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
funkylicious
Contributor III

FortiGate RBAC - users

Hello,

I would like to restrict access to certain users which are assigned a custom profile, access to the configuration of all Traffic Shaper / Traffic Shaping Policy / Profile options/config and was wondering if it can be achieved somehow.

The restrictions would need to be for both CLI / GUI and what I've tried is :

- put System > Configuration to Read on the profile, but that would only disable Feature Visibility from the GUI for them, but they would still work from CLI

- put Firewall > Others to Read, this would achieve want I want but would disable access to IP Pools / Protocol options.

Any help would be appreciated.

L.E. Running FortiOS 6.4.10

geek
geek
1 Solution
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have asked one of our FortiGate experts and for him, it would not be possible.

He would need to lab it to be sure.

I hope this answer will help.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have asked one of our FortiGate experts and for him, it would not be possible.

He would need to lab it to be sure.

I hope this answer will help.

Regards,

funkylicious

Hi,
Just as I imagined.

It would be nice if future releases would provide more granular access / to what features/commands a user can use and what can be configured under the profiles assign to it.

Paul

geek
geek
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Paul,

I will suggest it.

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors