Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
J_Andersen
New Contributor

FortiGate - HW-switch to aggregated link migration

Hi everyone,

I looking for experience on this topic.

I'd like to move the configuration from a Port1 (hardware switch) to a aggregated link.

How is this done easiest? 

For that I can see, I have to remove the IP from the HW-switch, and re-configure it on the aggregated link + change all IPv4 policies were port1 is set as source IF.

Kind regards

Jonas 

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Probably the easiest way is to download the config, and "grep" through the file and replace "Port1" to "aggregated_link_name" where you need to replace, then upload the config, which would reboot it and come up with the new config.

View solution in original post

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think the new config would be copied over to the slave but unless somebody from TAC assure me I wouldn't trust it. So what I would do is to isolate the slave first then upload the new config to the master and troubleshoot if it gives some problems with the config. Take good time to make sure it's working as intended. Then factory reset the slave and configure HA then restore only heartbeat.

After they synced up, restore the rest of connections.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Probably the easiest way is to download the config, and "grep" through the file and replace "Port1" to "aggregated_link_name" where you need to replace, then upload the config, which would reboot it and come up with the new config.

J_Andersen

Sound like a way to go, Toshi. Is it something you have experience with? In my case, the Fortigate is in a HA A-P cluster. I guess I'll have to break the cluster beforhand, to avoid synchronisation of the old config from the slave, when it becomes master due to reboot of the original master. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think the new config would be copied over to the slave but unless somebody from TAC assure me I wouldn't trust it. So what I would do is to isolate the slave first then upload the new config to the master and troubleshoot if it gives some problems with the config. Take good time to make sure it's working as intended. Then factory reset the slave and configure HA then restore only heartbeat.

After they synced up, restore the rest of connections.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors