Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
julianhaines
New Contributor

FortiGate FGT200F Firewall Policies and Traffic Shaping

Good day,

I am trying to setup Traffic Shaping on my FGT200F (v7.4.3 build2573 (Feature)) and having issues assigning the Traffic Shaping Policies I have created to my Firewall Policies.

I have taken over the FortiGate from the previous IT Engineer and he has set Traffic Shaping on a few Firewall Polices but there are some Firewall Polices when its not set.

When I edit a Firewall Policy I can't see the option to choose the Traffic Shaping policy and also don't see the option to set for new Firewall Policies.

The FortiGate's firmware has been upgraded a few times recently and not sure if this is causing the issues or the feature to allow Traffic Shaping is not enabled for Firewall Policies?

I can't see any documentation on this and currently have a support ticket open but hoped it may be a quick fix?.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @julianhaines ,

Traffic shaping policy and firewall policy are different things. You can configure the traffic shaping policy on Policy&Object -> Traffic Shaping. 

image.png

If you want to get more information about Traffic Shaping. You can review this document.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/297431/traffic-shaping

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
julianhaines

Hi,

I have setup the policies as you have shown but cant add them to Firewall Policies. 

ozkanaltas

Hello @julianhaines ,

You don't need to add to a firewall policy. Traffic shaping policy works separately. 

If you did create a traffic-shaping policy that matches your traffic, it's enough.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors