Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
martyyy
New Contributor III

FortiGate Cluster out-of-sync

FortiGate Cluster in A-P.

I noticed that there is a mismatch in vpn.ipsec.phase1-interfaces on FW02.

I tried to delete the tunnel in CLI FW02  but encountered an error.

FG60FFW02 (phase1-interface)# delete fg-ipsec-101

Can not delete a static table entry
Command fail. Return code -61

Tried also re-calculated checksums but issue persists.

Any recommendations to make this works is highly appreciated.

TIA :) 

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Try to edit the second node's IPsec config to match with the first node.

AEK
AEK
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you're 100% sure the "fg-ipsec-101" is not referred from anywhere (check with "show | grep -f fg-ipsec-101"), reboot the secondary FW02.

This unsync problem happens time to time in our multiple HA clusters (hasn't happened yet after upgrading to 7.2.8 though) and rebooting the secondary regularly solve the problem. I think when the IPsec's config was changed or removed at the primary the secondary's config in the memory goes into a questionable state during sync and can't quite recover itself. It would clear and reestablish in the memory when it's rebooted.

Toshi

Mrinmoy
Staff
Staff

The following article is a good one to troubleshoot your issue.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Correcting-an-out-of-sync-HA-cluster-by-mo...

Mrinmoy Purkayastha
avneesh_
Staff
Staff

You can download the config from the primary and search for  fg-ipsec-101 to check for references. As recommended, if there are no references for the mismatch try rebooting the firewalls

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors