Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kulas
New Contributor

FortiGate Anti-Spam Feature

Hello Folks,

We are planning to enable/use the FortiGate's Anti-Spam feature. I have read that Anti-Spam sensor/profile must set prior applying it to an ipv4 policy. However we are not so sure where on our firewall policies does the anti-spam feature must apply? On our servers outgoing firewall policy or incoming? Thank you.

Regards,

Kulas

5 REPLIES 5
MuratY
New Contributor

Hi kulas,

kulas wrote:

Hello Folks,

We are planning to enable/use the FortiGate's Anti-Spam feature. I have read that Anti-Spam sensor/profile must set prior applying it to an ipv4 policy. However we are not so sure where on our firewall policies does the anti-spam feature must apply? On our servers outgoing firewall policy or incoming? Thank you.

Regards,

Kulas

Hi kulas,

Is the mail server in internal network?

kulas
New Contributor

Hello MuratY,

Yes it is. Email server is behind the firewall. 

Regards,

Kulas

MuratY
New Contributor

kulas wrote:

Hello MuratY,

Yes it is. Email server is behind the firewall. 

Regards,

Kulas

Hi Kulas,

You should also activate the anti-spam profile for mail server wan to local and lan to wan rules. You don't need to enable the antispam profile for users. Because all the blocking and monitoring will be done from the mail server. So you can block or whitelist you want.

Fullmoon

I bet your Fortigate runs on Flow based mode that's why you cant see/enable antispam features in Features Visibility. Change to Proxy mode instead.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
kulas
New Contributor

Thank's for your inputs much appreciated.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors