Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
satam
New Contributor

FortiGate 80C

Hi All,

I have fortigate 80C and my manager request me to check what site are using by some users and what is the bandwidth used for some users also.

So can any one help me with this, I want to live monitor the website open for some users and live bandwidth used also.

thank you in advanced. 

7 REPLIES 7
emilec
New Contributor

On device: FortiView > Sources (limited visibility)

For reporting: FortiCloud or FortiAnalyzer.

Also remember that the level of reporting is determined by the UTM security profiles attached to the policy, so if you have Application and Web Filtering on the policy you will get more information.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

And these capabilities depend on the firmware version you are using. FortiView is new in v5.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
satam
New Contributor

Thank you very much, yes i am ising the version 5.2 and the supscription is out of date
emilec
New Contributor

Kind of pointless to spend money on a commercial device and not stay current on the subscription.

May well be worth looking at replacing it with a 60E or 50E rather than spending the money on a renewal. There are also some trade-up promotions at the moment so speak to your preferred supplier.

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Yeah, if you are rolling with an 80C currently it is worth while to just get yourself a 61E and let it ride.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
satam
New Contributor

thank you all for your replay,

i would like to know without replacing the device and with ended subscription can still monitor the websites and view bandwidth?

if yes,  how to configure the UTM 

Thank you

emilec
New Contributor

Without an active subscription many of the UTM features like web filtering will no longer work, which means you will have much poorer reporting besides the obvious loss of protection against malicious sites.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors