Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hussien_Idris
New Contributor

FortiGate 80C - disk not available after upgrade to 5.2.2

hello everybody..

today i have upgraded 80C unit to 5.2.2 and i was wonder how to enable disk log as it is logs are being stored at memory.

appreciate your cooperate in regards to this mater.

NSE4, NSE5 & NSE7

NSE4, NSE5 & NSE7
2 Solutions
David_Herold
New Contributor

You should be able to go into the cli and put in configure log disk setting. Check status, if currently disabled, you can turn it on by entering set status enable, then next. Fortinet will issue a warning about it reducing the life of the unit and recommend using Forticloud instead, but it will allow you to set it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

vmartin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In FortiOS 5.2, flash-based logging is not available on some models, including the 80C. It's recommended to use FortiCloud for these models.

Technical Writer, FortiOS

Let me know if there's anything you want to see added to the FortiGate Cookbook.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David_Herold
New Contributor

You should be able to go into the cli and put in configure log disk setting. Check status, if currently disabled, you can turn it on by entering set status enable, then next. Fortinet will issue a warning about it reducing the life of the unit and recommend using Forticloud instead, but it will allow you to set it.

Hope this helps.

vmartin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In FortiOS 5.2, flash-based logging is not available on some models, including the 80C. It's recommended to use FortiCloud for these models.

Technical Writer, FortiOS

Let me know if there's anything you want to see added to the FortiGate Cookbook.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors