Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FortiGate-80C: Manually bring up/bring down an interface?

I have a new FortiGate-80C I' m ready to deploy in place of an older FortiGate-60. When I plug the cables into the WAN1, and WAN2 interfaces, I get no link. The internal interface is connected fine. When I shutdown the 80C and restart with a cable plugged into WAN1 or WAN2, the link comes up for several seconds while the unit starts up and tests, but then the link goes down again. Years ago when I set up the 60 unit, I had to manually ' Bring up' the interface after plugging in the cable. There is no such option in the Web UI, and I can find no reference to a CLI command for this. Is this still required? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance...
4 REPLIES 4
gaurav
New Contributor

Is the administrative status on the interface down? show system interface get system interface physical From the web GUI: System -> Network -> Interface
Not applicable

Guessing as to what you' re getting at, I' ll activate admin access and see if that makes the difference.
Not applicable

gaurav, Boy do I feel silly. :-/ Thanks for the tip. ' Admin Status' is just what I was looking for.
Not applicable

Yes. The internal interface is the only one with admin access activated.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors