Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tweesiee
New Contributor III

FortiGate 40F with Cisco AP

Hi.

Is it possible to use Cisco AP or any third party AP with a FortiGate 40F?
I tried google and ChatGPT but could not get any clear answer on this. I understand that you can't use FortiGate as a Wifi controller with third party AP's. 
I will only need one AP with one SSID.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Fortigate cannot be used to manage the Cisco AP, below article povides the list of APs supported by Fortigate.

I believe you can use Fortigate as the default gateway for your AP and route traffic via Fortigate.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Compatible-FortiAP-for-the-FortiGate/ta-p/...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

yeah you cannoz use the fgt as controller then. Despite that the ap to the fgt is just yet annother network device ;)

So you could get a standalone ap that does not need a controller or use the ap manufacturers controller appliance to manage the ap(s) while the Fortigate does the routing and access for the subnet and interfaces.

We used Uiquity AP AC (with ubiquity controller) or TP-Link Omada (with Omada controller) or some Lancom as standalone AP behind our Fortigates without problems.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors