Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
buraksahin
New Contributor II

FortiGate 200F capacity

Hello everyone
In my company, I have two 200F FG. One for branch office, one for HQ. HQ and Branch are so close so I want to maybe connect two sites physically in one server room. I would like to use 200F as HA Active Passive mode but I am not sure about the performance. Here is why:

If I use one FortiGate as active, it will have the traffic from Core switch that connectes to two distribution switch + 8 access switches in total. For subnets, I have currently 10 subnets each on FG, 18 FW policies each

Do you think that I could achieve to use FG 200F for all this traffic? there is no server or internal routing. Just pure internet connection :) 

2 Solutions
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please check the amount of traffic that has to or is expected to pass through the gateway, with and/or without any inspection, the datasheet would be a good reference for sizing FortiGate 200F Series Data Sheet (fortinet.com)

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

buraksahin

Hi
Thank you for the information, I will check once again :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please check the amount of traffic that has to or is expected to pass through the gateway, with and/or without any inspection, the datasheet would be a good reference for sizing FortiGate 200F Series Data Sheet (fortinet.com)

Best regards,

Jin

buraksahin

Hi
Thank you for the information, I will check once again :)

buraksahin

Hi again

I have re-checked the documentation and compared our actual traffic use. One of our FG uses max 4,000 sessions per second with nTurbo of 60% - 80%, the other one uses max 2,000 sessions per second with nTurbo of 40% - 70%

Depending on the documentation, if I looked up the right section, concurrent sessions are 3 millions, concurrent sessions are 280 000. 

I have 7 subnets on each FG, and all of them uses internet, not much of heavy internal policy or something

I guess it would be enough, what do you think?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors