Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jinx
New Contributor

FortiGate 200D - HA

A few qestions: 1) Does anyone know what interfaces can be used as heartbeat interfaces in FG200D? Are they just WAN1 and WAN2 or any switch interfaces? What about DMZ interfaces? 2) FortiGate 200D has 16 ports built-in switch, is it possible to use these 16 ports as normal L3 interfaces (like WAN1 or WAN2)? 3) Regarding built-in switch, are all the ports members of one vlan by default? Is it possible to configure 2 selected ports as a LACP bundle with 802.1Q support?
6 REPLIES 6
hklb
Contributor II

Hello, 1) I believe that you can' t use a switch interface port as heartbeat interface. So if you want to use portXX for heartbeat, you need to remove it of the lan switch (edit lan switch and remove from the physical interface attached to this switch) 2) yes, you need to change the switch mode : right click on lan interface, and change to interface mode. But for that, you need to delete all reference to lan interface. 3) yes, remove two (or more) interface of lan interface, and create new interface. you can under type lacp, redundant, vlan, .... so you have the choice ! I hope it' s help you
jinx
New Contributor

Thank you! Are you sure that this kind of " interface flexibility" is supported by FG200D? Gabriel
hklb
Contributor II

Yes http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1980/fortios-feature-platform-matrix-520.pdf
jinx
New Contributor

And can I change all 16 interfaces from switch mode to interface mode?:>
Warren_Olson_FTNT

yes you can. just have to remove any references to the switch first.
Kamarajan

i am unable to remove the LAN inter face and getting below error...

Switch interfaces can only be deleted from the switch interface table. command_cli_delete:5238 delete table entry lan unset oper error ret=-160 Command fail. Return code -160

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors