Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hmzeii
New Contributor

FortiGate 200A Not booting or Displaying ?

Hello ! 

I'm new witth Forti Technologies and I work at an IT department.

I've earned a gift for working a lot of hours straight for weeks and this gift is a FortiGate 200A.

I absolutely don't know this firewall, so I just got home, plugged the console port to my computer and launched Putty but unfortunately, nothing appaers, just a black screen. (WTF is this poisoned gift)

Reading this forum, I tried to reboot the firewall while watching the putty window.

It displays this :

FG200A (19:06-02.28.2006)
Ver:04000003

And then nothing, so I can't go on an eventual maintenance menu or execute a factory reset.

Could you help me to access to the firewall or reset it ?

Thanks a lot !

Have a nice day,

Hamza

1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @Hmzeii 

I'm sorry to say this is a useless gift. The FG 200A belongs to the ancient world and you are not going to get anything out of it.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @Hmzeii 

I'm sorry to say this is a useless gift. The FG 200A belongs to the ancient world and you are not going to get anything out of it.

AEK
AEK
Hmzeii
New Contributor

Hello,

Oh ok, thanks for your answer !

I'll ask for an other firewall..

Have a nice day,

Hamza

Toshi_Esumi

Before throwing it away for eRecycle, I would try the reset button, press&hold for 10-15 sec before releasing the paper clip, to see if any console output would change to more normal output.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors