Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RickCogley
New Contributor

FortiGate 121G "hardware switch" feature?

Hello - does the FortiGate 121G support "hardware switch"? I searched around and found this tip, but, the 100G series is in neither of the supported, or not supported lists:

Compatibilities of Hardware Switch with F... - Fortinet Community

(Edit to add, I submitted feedback on that link to request the 100G series be added; here's hoping they add it for clarity)

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @RickCogley ,

I think 121G has a hardware switch feature. When I reviewed the architecture guide I saw this sentence, 

The SOC5 ISF also allows you to use the command config system virtual-switch to create a virtual hardware switch that can include any front panel interface connected to the SOC5.

Because of that, in my opinion, 121G supports the hardware switch feature. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.12/hardware-acceleration/221839/fortigate-120g-and-...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @RickCogley ,

I think 121G has a hardware switch feature. When I reviewed the architecture guide I saw this sentence, 

The SOC5 ISF also allows you to use the command config system virtual-switch to create a virtual hardware switch that can include any front panel interface connected to the SOC5.

Because of that, in my opinion, 121G supports the hardware switch feature. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.12/hardware-acceleration/221839/fortigate-120g-and-...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Toshi_Esumi

Most likely it's been configured as VLAN switch by default like most of F-series models. Those F-series(NP6Xlite) models have the same mentioning about "config system virtual-switch" in the same hard acceleration doc.

Toshi

RickCogley
New Contributor

it would appear so, thank you. There's an overwhelming amount of info!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors