Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ahmadking22
New Contributor III

FortiGate 100f

hello 

I have FortiGate100F I applied wan failover (I have two lines from my ISP ) if wan1 disconnect all traffic going from wan2.

Now I connect new subnet to port10 .. I need all traffic going from port 10 to wan2 not wan1  (i add policy to allow traffic from port 10 to wan2 ) when i connect my pc to port10 it take IP and DNS (already I enabled DHCP) but no Internet anyone help me please 

king
king
6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ahmadking22 ,

You can create a policy route for this request. Policy route can redirect traffic to wan2 from port10. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.4/administration-guide/144044/policy-routes

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ahmadking22

there is no option  Policy Routes

king
king
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ahmadking22 ,

Since it is disabled in the feature visibility, it does not appear in the menu. If you turn on advanced routing under the System -> Feature Visibility menu, Policy Routes will appear under the Network menu.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ahmadking22
New Contributor III

I apply but same problem No Internet

king
king
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ahmadking22 ,

Can you share your policy route configuration and run these debug commands? While running these commands can you try to access the internet? After trying can you share the output with us?

Btw, if you try the same destination every try, can you change that? 

diagnose debug disable
diagnose debug flow trace stop
diagnose debug flow filter clear
diagnose debug reset
diagnose debug flow filter saddr <YOUR_CLIENT_IP>
diagnose debug flow trace start 100
diagnose debug enable

adimailig
Staff
Staff

@ahmadking22 

Good day.

First, you need to make sure that you have default route entry going to WAN1 and WAN2 on routing-table.

get router info routing-table all
get router info routing-table database

You may need to change distance and priority.
If routes for same subnet/prefix have same distance, both will be showing on routing-table.
Otherwise, if they have different distance, lowest distance route will only showing on routing-table.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Routing-behavior-depending-on-distance-an...

After making sure that WAN1 and WAN2 entry are present, you will need Policy Route and Firewall Policy to route the traffic from Port10 to WAN2.
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.4/administration-guide/144044/policy-routes

Best Regards,

Arnold Dimailig
TAC Engineer
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors