Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
martinchew90
New Contributor

FortiGate 100E status light off, communication all down

I have a Fortigate 100E, after power on, POWER LED is light up, but STATUS LED keep off, seem like it not able to light up, I have trying to press reset button 30sec, but it is not working, and POWER LED every 1 minute will blink 1 time, anyone know what it going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You're likely able to know what's going on if you hook up a console cable then power it up. The reset button doesn't work until it comes up and the status LED starts flushing.

Toshi

martinchew90
New Contributor

Hi Toshi,

Thanks for reply my message, i have put console cable and monitor and i get the below message, seem like is firmware gone away. have any way to load in firmware for fortigate 100E?

martinchew90_0-1642658183849.png

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

So, this means your 100E somehow lost the OS from the boot drive. You have to load the image and make it the default firmware and boot it again, described in this KB.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Loading-FortiGate-firmware-image-using-TFT...

But I'm more concerned about how the FGT has lost the firmware. There maybe some hardware/flash memory issue, which might prevent from coming up even after you did above. Then you need to open a ticket at TAC to get it evaluated and go to RMA.

martinchew90
New Contributor

Thanks you reply on it, this issue happen before I have do "Press Factory Reset Button", after reset it was working fine, then I have power off it. until next day I power on it then this lost firmware issue happened.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors