Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NetAdAllcard
New Contributor

FortiGate 100D no packets/application on FortiView

Currently we're having a problem on checking/monitoring specific packets from each policies. After checking out the cookbook on Fortinet, I found out that there was a application tab under FortiView. Problem is it shows that there's outgoing packets but when I click to check more details there's nothing displayed at the Application tab.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or any suggestion on how to fix it or an alternative way on checking the packets from each policies.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution
akristof

Hi,

If you want to monitor only one IP address, one client, then create separate firewall policy with that IP address in source address, enable application control and put this policy on top before general firewall policy for other clients.

Adrian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Do you have application control enabled on the firewall policy? Try to enable it and check then.

Adrian
NetAdAllcard

Hi thanks foy the answer. I just enabled application control. Is it only applicable per policy or can I set a sensor for the ip itself?

akristof

Hi,

If you want to monitor only one IP address, one client, then create separate firewall policy with that IP address in source address, enable application control and put this policy on top before general firewall policy for other clients.

Adrian
tthrilok
Staff
Staff

Hi NetAdAllcard,

Thank you for the query!

Could you please confirm, since when are you seeing the issue, and what are the changes done on the firewall before the issue started.

Could you please confirm if you have enabled Application Filter profile in your policies. 

Kindly also confirm if logging is enabled in the firewall policy.

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors