Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ericw
New Contributor III

FortiFone-480 Delayed Ring After Firmware Upgrade

Our FortiFone-480 desk phones are randomly experiencing ring delays after upgrading the firmware to 3.0.12.225. When there is an incoming call, some of the 480 phones will not ring for about 15 seconds. Not only is the phone not ringing but the SIP packets do not appear to be reaching the phone as it doesn't even show the line is in use. So far I have been unable to replicate the issue on demand but I am taking a long term net cap for one phone to see if I can see anything from that after this issue occurs again. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Solution
ericw
New Contributor III

We finally resolved this by setting the VLAN and priority manually and completely disabling LLDP on the hand sets.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ericw,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ericw
New Contributor III

Some further information to pass along. We are using LLDP to configure the VLAN, and priority values.

Some additional observations; When a call comes in from an outside line it rings a call group, the call group rings all included extensions. When this issue occurs, the phones that are ringing show via the soft keys, that some phones are ringing and some phones are not ringing by way of a flashing green light and a solid green light respectively. On a phone that isn't ringing, the line will be picked up by another extension then a few seconds later it will have a very brief ring even though the call has been answered already. I accidently deleted my pcap I had showing the issue from the FVE100 perspective so I will try to get that again.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Eric,

Thanks a lot for these extras information.

It will help to find what is wrong.

We will come back to you as soon as we find something.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Eric,

While I am still looking for an answer, I am sharing this documentation with you:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/925a4759-f702-11ea-96b9-005056...

Maybe you will find some interesting information.

Tell me if it helped, I continue to look for an answer on my side.

Regards,

ericw
New Contributor III

That document really does not help.

Have you found anything? We are still being plagued by this problem.

ericw
New Contributor III

We finally resolved this by setting the VLAN and priority manually and completely disabling LLDP on the hand sets.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors