Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
funtudeka
New Contributor

FortiExtender

Hi

We are hopefully looking to deploy our first FortiExtender and I wanted to find some guidance on how easy (or otherwise) they are to deploy - the documentation appears comprehensive - and if there are known issues once deployed. Also, I suppose, how long does it often take to deploy a FortiExtender - purely from the configuration point of view?

Are there recommended external antenna for the FortiExtender itself allowing the unit to be mounted inside but with the antenna outside?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Stephen_G

Hello funtudeka!

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

I think that the Data sheet is a good starting point for this product. Most of the models will support external antennas connected with SMA (SubMiniature version A) connectors and they can easily expanded with a SMA cable so the antenna can be used in different position or outdoors.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
DonnaPennebaker
New Contributor

Deploying a FortiExtender is generally manageable with comprehensive documentation. Deployment time varies based on your network's complexity. 

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

depends on which way you want to run your extender. It can be run as a standalone device. In this case it behaves rather like a wlan/cellular router.

Or it can run in managed mode then it has to be managed from a FortiGate or FortiManager.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
williamwill009
New Contributor

In my experience, the documentation does seem to be comprehensive, but the practical aspect can always bring its nuances. I would like to know if others have experienced any challenges during setup and how long the implementation process usually takes in terms of configuration. Also, knowing how important it is to have access to reliable information and support, I want to share a resource that has proven quite useful in my academic life. The site mypaperdone.com/college-paper-writing-services  provides exceptional college paper writing assistance that has helped me improve my academic papers significantly. If you are looking for professional support with your research or projects, I recommend checking out their services. They may be able to provide you with the same valuable support as they have provided me.

williamwill009
New Contributor

Thank you for the info!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors