Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
championc1
New Contributor

FortiExtender Offline on the Fortigate

Hi all,

I have a Fortigate (7.4.4) with a discovered FortiExtender (7.4.3) in WAN extension mode added to it. From the FortiExtender, I can ping anywhere on the internet. I have a /30 link between it (Port1) and the Fortigate (Port A), and I can ping it's LAN address from the Fortigate, and vise versa.

I cannot for the life of me see as to how to get it Online, or as to why it is showing as Offline.

On the Fortigate, I have Fabric allowed.  When I do a diag sniffer packet on port 5246, I'm not seeing anything at all

Any thoughts or pointers as to where to check next ?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 121718.png

Cormac Champion
Cormac Champion
3 REPLIES 3
saleha
Staff
Staff

Hi championc1,

Thank you for reaching out. Since the sniffer does not show any traffic on port 5246 I assume traffic is not reaching the fortigate unless the sniffer is not setup correctly or the command is not working on the fortigate as a far shot possibility. I suggest capturing on the FEX first:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiExtender/Technical-Tip-tcpdump-packet-captures-in-FortiExtend...

Thank you,

saleha

championc1
New Contributor

Thanks Saleha

Would the correct command to use be "execute tcpdump -n port 5246" ?  If so, that produced absolutely nothing

Cormac Champion
Cormac Champion
saleha
Staff
Staff

Hi championc1,

That means possible config issue. I recommend opening a support ticket for better assistance at this point.

Thank you,

saleha

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors