Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tensigeka
New Contributor

FortiExtender Issues

Hi,

Got a fortiextender 40D added to the gate all good and fine, but cannot for the life of me get the link up. It goes up and down constantly. TAC told me this was because I had another WAN link that was up and l should put it in a load balance group to bring it up. I need SIP traffic to go over the Extender and regular traffic to go out over the cabled internet. I have set up the SD WAN group and policies but the extender keeps flapping. The cell is Vodafone UK fixed IP. Set the APN through the gate etc. No joy.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @tensigeka ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. We hope that fellow Fortinet Community members share their insights on your query which will be of help to you. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
vpatil
Staff
Staff

1. If you're experiencing FEX-WAN interface up/down issue on FGT GUI, then you can try FEX in the VLAN mode and check if the FEX interface remains stable:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiExtender/Technical-Tip-How-to-setup-FortiExtender-in-VLAN-mod...

2. If it's FEX LTE disconnection/reconnection issue then please log a FortiExtender Ticket with Fortinet Support for analysis

vpatil
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors