Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JamieSLH
New Contributor

FortiExplorer for Android?

On the FortiExplorer page, I see a link for the iOS app...  Is there a corresponding Android app?

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie

Jamie
3 Solutions
theArties

Another customer looking for Android version. Not everybody likes Apple. 

View solution in original post

J13224
New Contributor III

Me to.  And with an 85% global market share I think it would be safe to assume that interest for an Android version will not be a problem. Samsung alone sold 300 million unit shipments in 2018 compared to iPhone's estimated 215 million

kruschman

Any update on this? When can we expect to be able to see the Android app?

30 REPLIES 30
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

JamieSLH wrote:

On the FortiExplorer page, I see a link for the iOS app...  Is there a corresponding Android app?

Thanks

Jamie

There is no Android version at this time, as we are still rapidly adding features to the iOS version. However, we are monitoring interest and may add Android in the future.

theArties

Another customer looking for Android version. Not everybody likes Apple. 

hwal01

I'd also appreciate an android version.

J13224
New Contributor III

Me to.  And with an 85% global market share I think it would be safe to assume that interest for an Android version will not be a problem. Samsung alone sold 300 million unit shipments in 2018 compared to iPhone's estimated 215 million

IT1
New Contributor

This is ridiculous - I realize Apple makes good products, but most of the people I know in this field are using Android as it affords a broader potential for power users. What do you mean you will "monitor interest?" Of course there is interest, possibly more than there is for the iOS version.
peter_wickenberg

What's the status of the Android version of FortiExplorer? Must I get an iPhone just for managing Fortigate firewalls? That would be ridiculous.

Also, where can I find the official download for the normal Windows version of FortiExplorer? Luckily I still have a copy of the latest I could get hold on in my Onedrive.

Edit: Found the download for FortiExplorer, it's in https://support.fortinet.com/Download/, choose FortiExplorer from the list.

insignis

Registered just to jump on the bandwagon.  I do not have (or want) an iPhone.  Android version, please.

sivadm

Jordan_Thompson_FTNT wrote:

There is no Android version at this time, as we are still rapidly adding features to the iOS version. However, we are monitoring interest and may add Android in the future.

Wow. I am a network engineer for the system of two-year colleges in my state, evaluating this product for replacement of Cisco devices. This is an awfully shortsighted response. As others have intimated, excluding such a large swath of the market from easily managing your devices using your smartphone was not fitting for a "top-rated" company. I'm going to have to speak to my rep about this.

firewalled

Any news?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors