Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jpm1111
New Contributor II

FortiEMS software inventory never starts

New install of FortiEMS, I have turned on settings for Software Inventory in the relevant policies, but the inventory collect process never actually starts on my clients, no software is detected. How do I start to troubleshoot this? 

4 REPLIES 4
nicerobot_FTNT

This takes a few minutes to populate, maybe 20-30. Probably a polling setting from the client. I just set this up in my env yesterday. Make sure your Endpoint Profiles, Endpoint Policy are attached to the endpoint. The Endpoint Profile/System Settings/Send Software Inventory must be turned on obviously. Make sure clients can communicate with EMS.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

jpm1111

Yes, it's been over a week. Clients are syncing fine to the EMS, profile changes push out smoothly on both LAN & WAN. 

The one piece that's just not working is the software inventory. Never even seems like it wants to start.

I even tried shutting it off, waiting overnight, and turning it back on -- no luck.

nicerobot_FTNT

A week!?!? I understand.

What version of EMS/FC Agent are you running? I'm on 6.4 in my Lab.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

jpm1111

6.4 something, latest/greatest from the Forti download site. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors