Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mohamed_mostafa
New Contributor II

FortiEMS insallation issue

during installation EMS server on Microsoft windows sever 2022 

installation fail and here is the message 

0x80070643 fatal error during installation

any one have a solution 

7 REPLIES 7
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Which FortiClient version are you using?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
mohamed_mostafa

ebilcari

I did a quick search internally and it seems that this error usually appears while upgrading the FCT EMS from non compatible versions. Is this error showing while you try to upgrade or during a fresh installation?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
mohamed_mostafa

fresh installation

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Mohamed.

Let us investigate and we will come back to you ASAP.

Regards.

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @mohamed_mostafa ,

Have you paid attention to the requirements in the EMS loading document?

It is especially important that no external application is installed on the machine to be loaded. Previously, C++ and .Net installations installed during VMware tools installation prevented me from installing EMS. You must leave the machine to be installed truly clean.

However, you should set the keyboard and region settings as in the ems installation document.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.4/ems-administration-guide/358374/system-requirem...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
mohamed_mostafa

may be keyboard and region settings is the problem i 'll check it and try to reinstall

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors