Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
khalfe
New Contributor

FortiEMS: Solve problem of unlicensed endpoint without uninstall and install forticlient

Hi Everybody We have a problem with the forticlient These last week many of our endpoints lose their licenses, we have to uninstall and reinstall the agent on the endpoint to reactivate the license. I want to know what are the best solutions to correct this loss of license on the machines. Is it possible to reactivate the license of all machines that have been lost remotely via the FortiEMS console? I learned that we can open ports on the internet so that the endpoint can communicate with the server for the reactivation of the license. Are there other solutions to reactivate the license remotely without opening ports on the internet? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hi khalfe,

If FortiClient management isn't important to you. You can use the FortiClient VPN-only agent. You can download this agent from support.fortinet.com. VPN-only agent file name starts with "FortiClientVPNSetup_". This agent does not need a license.

But as far as I know, there is no different method of resetting licenses. When relevant clients cannot access EMS for a certain period, they lose their licenses.

Also, you don't need to open FortiClient EMS to the internet. You can solve this problem by giving your clients to access to EMS within the VPN.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors