Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
beufa
New Contributor

[FortiCron] memory leak in Forticron process ?

Hi all, We have seen that some problems in Forticron process, which appears to have memory leak in 4.0 MR3 (all patchs). Memory consumption increases for this process around 50% each 15days ... Is anyone already seen this and report the problem ? Thanks for your feedback !
7 REPLIES 7
KKedda
New Contributor

We' ve had the same problem. Were running on v 4.0 MR3 P2. When running diag sys top, forticron was using 33.5 % memory after 200+ days uptime. With FortiNet on the phone, restarted the forticron process and the forticron process memory usage went down to 0.5%. Just upgraded to v 4.0 MR3 P9. After 8 hours, memory utilization is steady at 55%. Previously ran at 85%. I' m putting it back into production tonight. I hope I chose the right version of FortiOS!
charles_demers_tremb
New Contributor

What' s the command to restart the forticron process ? Is there any impacts ?
beufa
New Contributor

no known impacts seen. Use diag sys top to find the forticron process ID and after do a diag sys kill [9|11] PID. 4.0MR3 P9 seems to be more stable, but in one week usage, we already see +2% of memory usage., due to forticron increase. So problem is not fixed. I think I will open a ticket on support.
charles_demers_tremb
New Contributor

Thx Killing forticron we managed to " save" 15 % of memory on a very busy cluster We hope 4.3.9 will be more memory friendly as we really have trouble running some services (vpnssl...ips...)
beufa
New Contributor

There is no fix in 4.0 MR3 Patch 9 of this problem. I will open a ticket this afternoon, but forticron' s memory problem is not fixed ... Still +30% of memory each 15 days .....
charles_demers_tremb
New Contributor

Maybe patch 10 fix this ?
beufa
New Contributor

Official reply by Fortinet : " A bug report was opened for this problem in July. Its status is now resolved for 5.0 release which is planed to be released in Q4." " In the bug notes it is stated that the issue is resolved already for 5.0 but there is no plan to release a fix for 4 MR3." But no chances I will put FortiOS v5.0 in production as soon as it' s released.... Perhaps it will be corrected in later MR3 Patches ...
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors