Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wandoqebu
New Contributor

FortiConverter

I've purchased a licence for it

Does firmware version need to be the same? I've got 2 sets of ha firewalls and plan to convert the 300d onto a vdom on the 200f.

However the 200f are on 7.4 and the 300d on 6.4

Do I have to downgrade and then follow the upgrade path? :upside_down_face:

Thanks

https://vlc.onl/
3 REPLIES 3
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hello @wandoqebu ,

The tool will convert from one hardware model to another on same firmware version. 

You are correct, will need to downgrade the firmware on 200F, restore the configuration and then upgrade path to the desired version.

Regards!

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
ndumaj

Hello @wandoqebu ,
As dbu mentioned the conversion works from one hardware model to another on same firmware version.
So both devices must have the same software version.
If the devices have different nr of ports/interfaces integrated then the tool will ask you to map the interfaces.

Regards!
NDUMAJ

- Happy to help, hit like and accept the solution -
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

If this is your first experience with FortiConverter, bear in mind that it will not convert 100% of your configuration. Some parts need to be converted manually.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors