Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MVIOX
New Contributor

FortiCloud

I think it interesting that this is the first post in here about this topic, but nonetheless. I am working on getting all of our clients on to the FortiSandbox via FortiCloud. The thing is, I need to make sure that all of my administrators can reach this service. I have figured out how to get their accounts setup, but I need to figure out how to get the support account (which manages all) to well manage all, including my own. Any suggestion on this would be gratefully appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
pcraponi
Contributor II

When you register more than 1 Fortigate in the same FortiCloud account, this will works. When you login on Forticloud they will ask for what device you want access. You can create sub-profiles for others users, if you want. For example: Main account to customer of each device and sub-account to your team.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
MVIOX
New Contributor

Thank you pcraponi! Looking further into this, I found what I needed to do. First you have to create a cloud account with the main email address. Then add users to that account with email and password. Things that I found interesting: You can actually have multiple cloud accounts using the same email. If you are a second user on a device, then the primary admin creates an account giving your credentials. But if you manually create an account using the same email but different password it is a separate account. The unfortunate bit about this is; your personal does not have access to the account the other created for you. They are 2 separate accounts.
novasam
New Contributor

This is the one bit that makes FortiCloud not look great to me, need to figure it a better user management console, and maybe link it to our Fortinet accounts. Also still not sure about FortiSandbox, especially when other solutions are now being deployed that you no longer need to power a separate Appliance, and instead sends it to the cloud for analysis. I don' t care about managing or reporting in FortiCloud, I have FortiAnalyzer for that, as well as another management system.
Paul
Paul
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors