Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

FortiCloud + Wireless

Anyone tried the new FortiCloud with Wireless capabilitys introduced in 5.2.2 ?

Very nice!

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
3 REPLIES 3
pcraponi
Contributor II

You need a FortiAP model "C" with the Key and I think that is not full release yet:

---

What is the FortiCloud AP Network feature? This feature allows administrators to remotely configure APs, modify wireless management settings and visualize wireless-related events. Examples of configuration changes include AP name and SSID configuration, power settings and rogue AP detection. Wireless management settings include RADIUS details, standard users/groups/guests and SSIDs/security. There are a robust set of visualizations including real-time and historical charting of traffic usage, AP client counts and client usage. Think of it as a comprehensive way to manage your wireless infrastructure via the cloud.

- How can I register a FortiAP to my FortiCloud account? Supported FortiAP models include a sticker with a unique FortiCloud key affixed. This key must be entered into the FortiCloud interface to register the FortiAP to your FortiCloud account.

- What FortiAP models are supported by FortiCloud AP Networks? Currently, the AP Network functionality within FortiCloud is only supported by FortiAP 221C and 320C.

- Does the FortiCloud AP Network feature support FortiWifi? FortiWiFi models are not currently supported.

- Is there a minimum firmware version that I need to run on a FortiAP for the FortiCloud AP Network feature to work?

The FortiAP must be running FAP OS 5.2 at a minimum.

- I have an older FortiAP that doesn't include a FortiCloud key. Is there some way I can add my device to a FortiCloud AP Network?

FortiCloud does not currently support FortiAPs that have been shipped without a FortiCloud key, however we are currently looking into supporting this scenario. No estimated timeframe is available.

- Does my internal wireless/networking traffic get sent to FortiCloud? No, only management-related information and event logs are sent to FortiCloud. None of your wireless LAN traffic is sent externally.

Do I need to use a FortiGate in conjunction with a FortiCloud AP Network? No, in fact you should register your FortiAP to be directly managed by FortiCloud. You do not need to use FortiGate as a proxy to manage FortiAPs from FortiCloud.

Is there different pricing/licensing for AP Network functionality? There are no additional fees or licensing required to manage FortiAPs from FortiCloud.

- Are there features in FortiCloud for AP Network that I wouldn't normally get with FortiGate? Yes, some of the visualizations vary from their FortiGate counterparts. Map visualizations (being able to view the location of deployed APs) are not currently available within FortiGate, for example.

-Can FortiAP devices be managed by FortiCloud and work with FortiPresence simultaneously? At the moment, FortiPresence isn’t compatible with FortiCloud managed FortiAPs.

- Is there a maximum number of FortiAPs that can be managed via FortiCloud? There is no licensing limit for the number of FortiAPs that can be managed with FortiCloud.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

That FAQ is very old.

All models are now supported, Im running a FAP220B from the FortiCloud ;)

Upgrade your FAP to 5.2.2 and login with HTTP and you will see "FortiCloud" as AC discovery type.

Enter your FortiCloud account and password.

Login to FortiCloud and click on "Inventory" at top of the screen.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
pcraponi
Contributor II

good to know

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors