Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
christian_andersson
New Contributor

FortiCloud EMS 7.0.7 build 0398 Endpoint Policy Out-of-Sync

Hi.  I have 10% of my clients  Out-Of-Sync (FortiCloud EMS 7.0.7 build 0398) Not imported from FortiGate or FortiManager. Is there any way to change sync intervall or do a manuall sync? I can not find information on this anywhere.

What is the reason for a client going out-of-sync and how can I prevent this?

8 REPLIES 8
Stephen_G

Hello christian_andersson, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Christian,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

I have found this guide, which can be helpful:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/6f25d360-1a62-11ed-9eba-fa163e...

Could you please have a look and tell me if it helped?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
christian_andersson

Hi @Anthony_E 
Unfortenaly I can not find anything regarding this Out Of Sync Issue in the document.

Rhicks
New Contributor

I have this same issue. It seems to affect servers more than workstations. Some can be fixed by unregistering and registering again but others are stuck on a profile that cannot be shutdown.

Ryan Hicks
Ryan Hicks
Stephen_G

Hi Ryan and Christian,

I've obtained some information I hope will be helpful.

Policy out-of-sync can occur in few scenarios:

- There were some changes made to the profile previously and the endpoint profiles are not updated to the endpoint, probably because the endpoint is offline or EMS is not accessible at the moment.
- There are some issues with EMS in syncing policies which will need TAC's troubleshooting and further checking.

We highly recommend contacting support to check if EMS is working properly. Before creating a ticket, you can click on the out-of-sync users to check if the endpoints are currently managed by EMS, and if the endpoint is online. If the endpoint is offline, check with the end user to make sure the endpoint is turned on and FortiClient is connected to EMS for the policy to sync.

For Windows servers, make sure you have created a new FortiClient installer without application firewall enabled in EMS to make sure FortiClient is working properly.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
tstats
New Contributor

Still having this issue. Opened 2 tickets with support. 3 different FortiClient versions. Still no fix. 

tschacherl

I've found that disconnecting from the telemetry server and then reconnecting will cause the endpoint to sync with the EMS server. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors