Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cpx
New Contributor

FortiClientEMS deployment only for selected clients

We want to test upgrading FortiClient via FortiClientEMS Deployment from 7.0.8 to 7.0.9 only on a few clients. FortiClient EMS is still on version 7.0.8

When I create a deployment that uses the FortiClient Installer, that is assigned to most of our clients, as Deployment Package, and specify an endpoint group with let's say only 3 clients in it, will the only this three clients be upgraded, or will all clients with the selected installer be upgraded?

The documentation seems not to be clear on this (Endpoint group is marked as optional but without explanation what this will do):
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.8/ems-administration-guide/773770/deploying-forti...

I just want to ensure that not all our clients receive the upgrade in case that this will cause any trouble.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Marthen
New Contributor II

Need to create specific OU in AD, put computers there and assign upgrade deployment.

Groups aren't AD security groups but EMS groups

cpx
New Contributor

Hello Marthen, thank you for the suggestion. We don't use AD with FortiClientEMS because of internal policies.
But if I understand you correctly, using a different EMS group  (a local workgroup in this case) will prevent a rollout on clients not assigned to this group?

Kind regards

Marthen
New Contributor II

Hello,

I don't use local EMS groups so cannot confirm your scenario, but I expect when you assign Deployment  to Endpoint group then it will  be applied installation only there. Otherwise it make no sense to put group there and deploy on every computer.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors