Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aies
New Contributor II

FortiClientEMS - Antivirus exclusion of folders/files

Hi guys 

I am currently in the process of rolling out FortiClient as an antivirus software for a company. I have setup an Endpoint profile for their servers. The profile enables AV. 

I am looking for a way to exclude folders on different servers in a single Endpoint profile. I want to keep the Endpoint profiles to at a minimum. As far as I can see in the Administration Guide we're able to exclude folders and files using local paths and wildcards and not on UNC paths (not sure that would even make sense).

In both senarios I have a Endpoint profile which enables AV.

Senario 1:

On ServerA I want to exclude C:\path\to\Software which is a software directory.

On ServerB I do not want to exclude anything. I do not have the directory C:\path\to\Software.

Both servers get the same Endpoint profile. Under the Endpoint Profile the AV execlude the following path: 

C:\path\to\Software

My question: Will the AV on ServerB just disregard the exclude even though it gets the execlude from the Endpoint Profile because it do not have the folder?

Senario 2:

On ServerA I want to exclude C:\path\to\Software which is a software directory.

On ServerB I do not want to exclude C:\path\to\Software which is a software directory.

Both servers get the same Endpoint profile. Under the Endpoint Profile the AV execlude the following path: 

C:\path\to\Software. This will of course mean that AV on both of the servers will exclude the folder. 

My question: Is there away to only exclude the folder on ServerA and not on ServerB in the same Endpoint Profile?

Thanks in advance

Regards A

1 Solution
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Aies My question: Will the AV on ServerB just disregard the exclude even though it gets the execlude from the Endpoint Profile because it do not have the folder?

Yes, it will be ignored if there is no Folder My question: Is there away to only exclude the folder on ServerA and not on ServerB in the same Endpoint Profile? No, there is (at present) no way to Exclude/Include Servers nor Folders for the same profile. The only way, as I know, is to create another profile without the exclusion.

View solution in original post

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
2 REPLIES 2
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Aies My question: Will the AV on ServerB just disregard the exclude even though it gets the execlude from the Endpoint Profile because it do not have the folder?

Yes, it will be ignored if there is no Folder My question: Is there away to only exclude the folder on ServerA and not on ServerB in the same Endpoint Profile? No, there is (at present) no way to Exclude/Include Servers nor Folders for the same profile. The only way, as I know, is to create another profile without the exclusion.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Aies
New Contributor II

Hi Markus

Thank you for your reply. Just what I needed!

/A

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors