Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcguilmette
New Contributor

FortiClient vs FortiClient EMS Issue

Hi,

We have about 3000 endpoints upgraded from the free version to EMS (7.0.5). Since the upgrade, we have a few users (10 at most) that cannot connect to any servers.

Upon troubleshooting, it seems like like a combination of EMS version and specific ISPs. I have a case with Rogers here in Canada.

Here are my observations, all using the same hotspot router, sometimes different SIM cards

6.4.6 non EMS with Rogers SIM + Inseego Mifi 8000 = ok

7.0.5 EMS with Rogers SIM + Inseego Mifi 8000 = no traffic

7.0.5 EMS with Bell SIM + Inseego Mifi 8000 = ok

I get the same behavior on 6.4.9 EMS and 7.0.7 EMS than on 7.0.5 EMS.

Any ideas where I should look?

1 Solution
marcguilmette

Hi,

The issue was related to having a default MTU too high on the Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Adapter. We had to lower it beyond the default value to 1200 in order to fix our issue. 

Case closed!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mwissa
Staff
Staff

Did you get the log from the user to see what are the messages from the logs? It could be an ISP issue

You can export the log file (.log) from FortiClient.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Expand the Logging section, and click Export logs.
  3. Select a location for the log file, type a name for the log file, and click Save.
marcguilmette

Hi,

The issue was related to having a default MTU too high on the Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Adapter. We had to lower it beyond the default value to 1200 in order to fix our issue. 

Case closed!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors