Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cythraul
New Contributor

FortiClient version management/control?

Hi, folks,

Is there a built-in way of monitoring which version of FortiClient my users are running?

We had an issue the other week that was limited to users who were on old versions of FortiClient (5.0.x, vs. 5.3.x).  I'm wondering if there's a systematic way to watch for users lagging behind before they become an issue.

(I know there are third-party solutions for monitoring software versions in general, but I'm wondering if there's something specific to Fortinet for FortiClient.)

Thanks.

1 Solution
Chris_Lin_FTNT

If your FortiClient is registered to FortiGate, FortiGate GUI will show a table which include FortiClient version.

In 5.2.3 FortiOS, it's in User & Device -> Monitor -> FortiClient .

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_Lin_FTNT

You mentioned VPN... So how does your FortiClient reach endpoint FortiGate? By connecting VPN? And what's your FortiOS version?

Cythraul

Exactly; FortiClient reaches the FortiGate by VPN.  I'm able to register clients from there, and they seem to stay registered as far as the client is concerned, but the FortiGate seems to forget they ever existed once they end their VPN session.

My FortiOS appears to be 5.0.  That's what's given as the firmware version.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

Is your VPN server FortiGate also the endpoint FortiGate? If that's the case, on which interface do you enable endpoint registration?

Cythraul

Yup, they're both the same box.

I'm registering against the outside interface (the same one the client itself connects to).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors