Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gbollinger
New Contributor II

FortiClient v7.0.x and Apple Time Machine - How to Exclude Time Machine

My FortiClient is continuously prompting me that its quarantined the same file over and over again. Its occurring about 25 times a day and freezing my laptop in the process. We use FortiCloud EMS.

Does anyone know how to exclude the Time Machine (Using Time Machine with an old Apple Time Capsule) from the FortiClient AV scanning? I tried disabling network drive scanning, but that didn't resolve the issue.

My users and I are running macOS 13.1.

3 REPLIES 3
scan888
Contributor

Hi 

I have no FortiEMS Licensed with Malware Protection.

But did you tried to exclude the whole TIme Machine Folder?

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/ems-administration-guide/447132/malware-protect...

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Like" and mark the solution.
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Like" and mark the solution.
gbollinger
New Contributor II

Determining the correct path is the issue now.

scan888
Contributor

If my help the correct answer for you, please mark it as solution. With that you help other community member.

Thanks. :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors