Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
obrienw
New Contributor

FortiClient v4.3.3.445 can' t add connection due to script errors

Windows 7 x64 When I attempt to add a connection in the FortiClient console, I get two script errors and a blank screen. Error 1: Line: 1268 Char: 423 Error: Exception thrown and not caught Code: 0 URL: about:blank Error 2: Line: 8455 Char: 2 Error: Unable to get value of the property ' edit' : object is null or undefined Code: 0 URL: about:blank Additionally, on the " Quick Connect" page, I get the following error: Line: 1268 Char: 423 Error: Exception thrown and not caught Code: 0 URL: about:blank
5 REPLIES 5
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi obrienw, Do you have any special characters (non-alphanumeric char) in your tunnel configuration somewhere? Thanks, Ling
Ling Lu
obrienw
New Contributor

Hi Ling, I' m a little confused. This is referring to a fresh installation with no configured connections. After installation (and/or restart) I open the console, click on " VPN Connections," then click the plus sign to add a connection. That is when the errors occur and the console is blank afterwards. I' ve never gotten to the point where I could type something in.
obrienw

Update -- I went into the console settings and downloaded the log: Notice 3/6/2012 6:54:14 PM AppDB <appdb> startup successful, front-end ready for access... Notice 3/6/2012 6:54:28 PM Update Application signature DB was updated successfully logid=0x00004022 Notice 3/6/2012 6:54:28 PM Update Got some update packages logid=0x0000400a Notice 3/6/2012 6:55:37 PM ESNAC InitiateNewSession() connect2 failed, err = 0 logid=0x00010000 Notice 3/6/2012 7:02:27 PM ESNAC (repeated 2 times in last 410 sec) InitiateNewSession() connect2 failed, err = 0 logid=0x00010000 Notice 3/6/2012 7:14:32 PM AppDB <appdb> startup successful, front-end ready for access... Notice 3/6/2012 7:16:14 PM AppDB <appdb> startup successful, front-end ready for access...
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Obrienw, Fortinet developers looked into this issue and they could not pinpoint the root cause. Here is the comment from Fortinet developers:
As the javascript code crashes at VPN Edit and Quick VPN pages, while there are no tunnels configured, the most likely reason is a certificate with a name containing some special character. Most likely slash or backslash.
Do you have any certificate that has a name containing special characters? L.C
Ling Lu
obrienw
New Contributor

That worked. I had (an apparently self-issued) certificate named [domain]\[user name] in my store. After removing it, the program worked fine. Thank you.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors