Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ConfirmIT
New Contributor

FortiClient uninstalls itself.

Hello I am writing here with a hope that maybe some of you will know what is happening. Configuration: 1. One office network. 2. FortiGate runs as ... gate, connected to Active Directory so it knows all users and machines. 3. Active Directory set up - same configuration and privileges for every user (checked milion times). Further this Active Directory is connected with SharePoint. 4. Around 20 laptops with Windows 10, on every laptop FortiClient, on all of them runs perfectly. 5. I have problem with one machine and FortiClient on it. Whenever I connect laptop to Active Directory just like every other laptop is connected, after first reboot FortiClient removes itself from that machine. I tried:

1. Careful check on privileges and set up on Active Directory - both : users and machines. 2. Check configuration of FortGate ... hoping that something there was changed. 3. Remaking user and reconnecting machine on Active Directory. 4. Reinstalling operating system as suspicion for some virus.

5. Making the same configuration on another laptop.

6. Log-in as different AD user on that laptop and installing FortiClient again.

Nothing from list above helped. As long as I do not connect laptop to Active Directory FortiClient works fine and do not auto uninstall. When first migration to Active Directory is done, then after reboot FortiClient is gone. Potential reason ?: Only one potential answer in my head is that, FortiGate gets information about new user and machine with FortiClient onboard, then it request to auto remove FortiClient, maaaaybe do to some licence restrictions??? Maybe you have any idea on this... Thank you in advance for every tip.

3 REPLIES 3
ikmarwright
New Contributor III

I don't have an answer, but I do have some questions:

Are you connecting via WiFi or Ethernet? I'm having a problem with bridged WiFi not connecting to AD correctly right now.

Is this the Win 10 app or the full 5.6 client?

Have you installed any user software before switching the device to AD, or do you install Forticlient and switch to AD right at the start? I ask because Skype for Business tends to mess up OS sometimes (twice I've had to install it three times before it stopped corrupting the OS). Since you have SharePoint, I thought you might have that too.

Anyway, I hope you find a solution.

SteveG
Contributor III

I find this happens frequently on Mac's but never seen it on Windows. Do you have an EMS server? I've used to un-install FC from PC's via EMS. Also worth disabling the Telemetry feature on any LAN facing FortiGate interfaces as FC might be registering to your Fortigate as they can be used to managed Forticlient.

ConfirmIT
New Contributor

Hi Miracle... It works! Solution: Updated to version 5.6.6 in my case 64 bit from version 5.6.2. @ikmarwright, previous installation were full programs of FortiClient. @SteveG, regarding EMS server, this will be our next step, I just talked with my supervisor. Thank you for your replies.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors