Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TheITGuy
New Contributor

FortiClient stuck at 163 bytes received when you reconnect

Hi there, Another weird Windows FortiClient issue. Restart laptop, connect to SSL VPN fine. At some point the VPN drops. So manually go and reconnect and the upload bytes counter increases as normal, but the download counter gets stuck at 163 bytes. - Disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN doesn' t do anything - Closing FortiClient and reconnecting does nothing - This has happened in many versions of the FortiClient, currently using 5.2.1 and has same issue - Uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix issue - No others are using the same SSL VPN portal, and my FortiGate is 100D The end result is having to reboot the machine before you can get on the VPN again, as none of the services work while the download remains stuck at 163 bytes Anyone else have this?
3 REPLIES 3
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Have you tried to debug the issue and check the logs for the cause of all your Forticlient pains you have? If not than the following procedure can help either to figure out why all these issues are happening in your environment, or just to log a support ticket and have all the details at hand. Enable debug level logging on the Forticlient in File -> Settings -> Logging I think. Do the same on the Fortigate: # diagnose debug application sslvpn -1 # diagnose debug enable than start a new session and when it gets stuck, look at both logs. Check also the Windows Application and System Event logs for any errors. Don' t forget to disable debug-level logging on both after you finished. # diagnose debug disable # diagnose debug reset
TheITGuy
New Contributor

I' ll give this a try. Thanks
haxor21
New Contributor

Had exactly the same problem. However my setup is different, i have the SSL VPN service in a separate VDOM.

I disabled this VDOM and forgot about it. When you then try to connect to it, this is exactly what happens.

Interesstingly it still responds (you can connect to the web portal etc) but the SSL VPN connection (split tunnel) will be stuck at 163 byte. Imho there should be a warning when the VDOM is disabled and someone trys to manage and/or connect to the VPN portal.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors