Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jrauch87
New Contributor

FortiClient on Student Macs

Has anyone seen an issue before where a user will bring their Macbook home and the Forticlient will not let them open any Applications. I'm having multiple students come to me saying they are receiving the following error messages when they bring their Macbooks home. It keeps popping up like as the Application wants to load but it can't. As soon as they come back into the school, the error might pop up for a bit but then it starts loading Applications. It seems to happen when students break their connection (the laptop shuts down, they join another wlan).

What bothers me the most is it sorts itself out about a week later.

Students are using v5.4.1

2 REPLIES 2
kolawale_FTNT

Consider sending FortiClient configuration to beta {at} fortinet [dot] com.

May also consider creating a support request with Fortinet Support.

GrantWilson

We've been successfully using FortiClient VPN + macOS 10.13 at our middle school (a class of 27 Macbooks). The only issue we had was after the latest macOS update. Our tech dep is also planning to use cameras and video surveillance recorders for school safety. Any teachers here who have experience with Fortinet for K-12 school dictricts?

Grant Wilson

Fortinet access: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/case-studies/cs-abbotsford-school-district.pdf essaydune

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors